Determining the Time for Brake Repair or Replacement
Sometimes, your vehicle’s brakes will alert you when there is trouble. Squealing noises, chirping sounds, and grinding are indications that brake repair is required. Also, because brake components wear out at different intervals under different driving conditions, have your brakes serviced or inspected at least every 7,500 miles.
BRAKE TROUBLE SIGNS QUIZ:
- Are your brakes making squealing, chirping, or grinding noises?
- Does your brake pedal pulsate or feel soft?
- Does it take longer distances to come to a complete stop?
- Does your vehicle pull to one side when stopping?
- Does your steering wheel shake when applying the brakes?
- Do you see excessive brake dust on the wheels?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, have your Certified Service technician inspect your brakes right away.